A spicy twist on a familiar favourite! 🍿 Made in Le Creuset's Signature Round Casserole, this Caramel Cayenne Popcorn is easy to make and the perfect movie night snack or after-dinner treat.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup or 115g of butter
- ½ cup golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda\bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a Le Creuset Signature Round Casserole with some oil over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and mix to coat them in oil. Continue mixing until the first kernel pops.
- Next, cover with a lid and shake the casserole now and then until all the popcorn has popped. Lay the popcorn out in an even layer on the lined baking tray.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the caramel into the same casserole and slowly simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar has melted and turned golden in colour. Add the baking soda\bicarbonate of soda and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn evenly, and using a spatula, gently mix the to coat (be careful as the caramel will be extremely hot).
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, mixing and checking every 5 minutes.