Your new favourite dessert 🤤 Swirled with rich caramel and spicy cayenne, this warm Caramel Maple Pudding taken straight to your table for serving.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For the pudding:
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a Le Creuset Signature Round Casserole with some oil over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and mix to coat them in oil. Continue mixing until the first kernel pops.
- Next, cover with a lid and shake the casserole now and then until all the popcorn has popped. Lay the popcorn out in an even layer on the lined baking tray.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the caramel into the same casserole and slowly simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar has melted and turned golden in colour. Add the baking soda\bicarbonate of soda and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn evenly, and using a spatula, gently mix the to coat (be careful as the caramel will be extremely hot).
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, mixing and checking every 5 minutes.