Looking for a quick and easy meal? This Crispy Chorizo Gnocchi is packed full of punchy flavour and can be enjoyed in under 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- 500g gnocchi
- 150g chorizo, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 punnet (30g) fresh basil leaves
- 80g fresh basil pesto
- 2 red chilis, chopped (optional)
For the topping:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup toasted nuts or peanut brittle
- Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions (some store-bought gnocchi does not need to be pre-boiled and is ready for frying).
- Place the chorizo in a Le Creuset Signature Round Casserole and add the gnocchi and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes allowing the oil from the chorizo to cook and crisp the gnocchi. You can also add a little olive oil before frying the chorizo.
- Serve with plenty of torn fresh basil, dollops of basil pesto, and chopped chilli. You can also add a few squeezes of lemon for added freshness.