These no-bake cheesecakes are simple and easy to make. Each Mini Bowl is layered with crushed digestive biscuits, a luscious cheesecake filling, and folded through with your choice of flavouring.
For the base:
- 100g digestive biscuits or ginger biscuits, finely crushed to crumbs
- 60g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 340g cream cheese, room temperature
- 50g castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp. icing sugar, sifted
- 150ml cream, cold
Your choice of flavouring:
- Lemon curd, about 1 Tbsp. per Mini Bowl to taste
- Peppermint essence, a drop or two to taste
- White or ruby chocolate, 30g – 50g melted to taste and cooled
- Caramel or toffee dessert sauce, 1 Tbsp. to taste
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and line the bottom of each Mini Bowl with 2 teaspoons of biscuit crumb base. Push each respective base in to secure it, and chill until needed.
- Using an electric beater, whip together the cream cheese, sugar and icing sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Beat the cream separately until soft peak stage.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until well combined and slightly airy.
- To flavour your cheesecakes, divide the mixture into 4 bowls, add the desired flavouring to taste and fold through into each mini bowl. Spread evenly over the chilled biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 – 6 hours or until set. Serve topped with toasted coconut flakes, edible violet flowers, ruby chocolate chips, pistachios and lemon curd.
Cook’s Note: If you’d like a firmer cheesecake faster, bloom 1 gelatine leaf in ice water until completely soft, drain and squeeze out any excess water. Dissolve in 50ml of warmed cream from the original mixture and add it to the cheesecake mixture right at the end. Fold through evenly for even setting and divide between bowls.