A decadent, rich, tahini hot chocolate topped with toasted sesame seeds and grated chocolate. The recipe can be adapted for an equally delicious dairy-free version too.
- 2 Tbsps. hot chocolate
- 1-2 tsp tahini, to taste
- 250ml warm milk
- 50ml hot water
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Grated chocolate, to garnish
- In a small saucepan or casserole, add the milk and hot chocolate over a medium to low heat with a dash of water.
- Whisk to make a paste out of the chocolate. Add one teaspoon of tahini and the remaining milk.
- Whisk to combine and slowly bring to the desired heat for your hot drink.
- Test to taste if you would like any more tahini to your preference.
- Serve warm, topped with chilled soft peaks of whipped cream, a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and grated white and milk chocolate.
Cooks tip: For a dairy-free hot drink, substitute the milk for coconut milk and omit the whipped cream from the recipe.